Report any cruelty or neglect to the state agency and they will investigate.

You need to leave the person’s name and address. Call the State SPCA 1-800-582-5979 and also call NJARA (732) 446-6808.

The recording for the State SPCA will ask for your name and number which is confidential and not revealed to the perpetrator.

The investigator may need more information about the cruelty before investigating; sometimes they will call you back and let you know the outcome after they investigate.

Click for more information about animal cruelty.